Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Wednesday, April 23 (8:36PM)

I've been procrastinating, I don't really know how to end this blog. I'm back in Boston, avoiding the unpacking process and trying to get things sorted out for summer. I went to pick up my guinea pig yesterday, he's on the floor eating carrots. Things are as they should be.

The trip was awesome, I got to see things I'd never seen and eat things that I may not eat again. All the places I went had good and bad points, which all evened out, and the overall experience was one that I will never forget and will be talking about for a long time to come.

Even though the places I traveled were wonderful there was an unexpected outcome of my trip that is probably the most valuable. Being able to spend time with my Mother as an adult for the first time. We were able to share experiences that I'm sure very few parents and children get to share together. And it was nice to be able to get to know her as a person that's separate from my parent for the first time in our relationship.

So although I just completed what many people have told me was the trip of a lifetime in many ways it's just the beginning of a lot of things for me. I'm really grateful for the time I got to spend not only with my Mum, but also in so many different cultures in a bunch of countries. These things have given me some extra insight on myself, and the goals I have. And all this extra information I've gathered should do nothing but help me in the future.

No comments: