Friday, March 21, 2008

FLIGHT CANCELLED

Which was both a negative and positive. This cancellation does not interfere with my flight to Tokyo, just Easter parties in Toronto this weekend. I will be flying out of Boston tomorrow morning which still gives me enough time to spend Easter with my family. These situations, when life throws you an unexpected change of plans are some of the best parts of traveling, and I feel can be rewarding experiences themselves.

It's the little changes caused by these circumstances that can actually improve the quality of the entire experience. Instead of getting in late Friday and waking up Saturday with the inevitable hangover that always follows my initial arrival to Toronto, I get in Saturday morning and go straight to my Grandmothers to make strudel for Easter. After strudel I can go right into spending Saturday night with old friends. I'm sure my Grannie will be much happier getting me in a well rested fresh state, rather than the stinking mess she would get if I would have been in Toronto on Friday night.

It's a little bit of a bother to have to move the arrival celebrations from Friday to Saturday night, and I hope everyone can still make it, but it's much better to focus on the more positive aspects of the situation which really I have no control over.

One less hangover, and a better quality strudel for Easter Sunday.

No comments: