Thursday, March 13, 2008

Seven days before leaving Boston

I got my last round of shots this morning, chicken pox. I have fainted while getting needles in the past. I once got a flu shot standing in my Doctors kitchen and woke up on the floor to the nurse (who is also the Doctors wife) telling me I would never be able to have children if I couldn't take the pain of a needle. She's a piece of work. But these nurses were lovely, I even got a sucker at the end.

Having just moved to Boston from Canada a year ago, I have been compiling a list of things that are just slightly different here then they are at home. Candy after needles goes on my list of reasons I like living in the US. The first was paper bags in the grocery stores (Canada is all plastic, with the exception of Whole Foods), the second is movies that come out on time (as advertised on the trailers, they generally come out a little later in Canada) and now the third is the doctors actually give you candy after a needle (which possibly happens in Canada, it has just never happened to me.)

No comments: